Holy mother of all that is good and pure, it’s November already. How did that happen? Despite it creeping up on me, I actually really LOVE this month. There are 2 big reasons for this. Firstly, with that pesky Halloween out of the way I can officially start my crazy holiday planning. Yep, Christmas music, Christmas crafts, a regular Christmas love fest. It’s never too early for holiday cheer for this girl. Secondly, the air is crisp, which I love. But more importantly, CONSISTENTLY crisp, which means no more seasonal wardrobe issues. I can wear tights and be warm in the morning yet not sweat through them in the afternoon. I can wear wool and not feel like I’m having a hot flash on the streetcar on the way home from work. It’s officially early winter cold, no more ambiguity. And this kind of cold, while not bitter and frigid (yet), certainly gives you permission to get cozy and nest a little more. Today I’m sharing some of my November essentials, filled with things that help me (or will soon help me) get through this lovely late fall month.
Starting from top left:
1) Candles: I’ve only recently really started to enjoy candles and having a lovely scented candle burning definitely provides a cozy atmosphere for this time of year.
2) Wooly goodness: I recently purchased a wool Reiss coat almost exactly the same as this style except in a light mauve shade and I love it. And I got it for an absolute steal at TJMaxx at the outlets in the US. It’s warm, yet stylish.
3) A fall hat: It’s not quite time for my fur-lined hat to come out but it’s nice to have a hat to keep the heat in. I really love hats but strangely I have very few. I am liking the wide-brimmed hats, like this one, that I’ve been seeing this fall.
4) A snuggle-worthy throw: When coming home after a walk in the cold, wrapping up in a pretty warm throw is a lovely way to warm up. I have many of these on hand.
5) Black heeled boots: Another great thing about fall is that it’s boot season. Woohoo! I’m searching for a pair of heeled black ones with a heel that are comfortable, yet stylish. I’m not sure if these ones are comfy, but I do like how they look.
6) Tights: Tights are a MAJOR essential for me. I’m a dress person, and I own very few pairs of pants compared to dresses. So in the winter I have to keep warm with tights. Also, pantyhose are the anti-Christ. I wear them with certain outfits when I haaaaaave to, but I don’t like it. Tights on the other hand are awesome. And a great way to jazz up a basic dress, is with coloured tights like these fun wine-coloured ones.
7) Cashmere sweater: I’ve always been terrified of cashmere. The cost and the extra care required has always seemed too much for me, so I’ve never invested in it. But in the recent years it has gotten much easier to find inexpensive cashmere basics. So, let me tell you….this girl will be getting on the cashmere train because, it is the softest, coziest thing you could ever own. Perfect for November.
Click on the links above to find the items on Polyvore. Have a great day!