Are there any fans of the Hunger Games out there? If so, have you caught a peek at the “Capitol Portraits” that were released last week for Catching Fire? Well, if not, you should. And as always, my favourite of the Capitol crazies, Effie Trinket (played by Elizabeth Banks), looks amazingly wild but quite lovely, especially in this deep pink ruffled Alexander McQueen dress. Perfect for her. How can you not love pink ruffles?
I liken Effie to (a more polished) Helena Bonham-Carter at any awards show. Always eccentric, over-the-top, and rarely wearing anything you would touch with a ten foot pole. But you still would be highly disappointed if she wore something more traditional. The difference is that Helena Bonham-Carter looks disheveled so often, while Effie has everything just so. Anyhow, I just love her panache! So much so that I put together a little mood board of some Effie-Inspired home decor items….
- Baroque Mirror from Instyle-Decor
- Furbish Studio Pink and Gold Lacquer Bowl (no longer available)
- Bonnie and Neil Table Runner Watercolor Pink
- Pink Croc Table Lamp from Pure Home
- William Yeoward Avington Tableware
- NSW Leather Co. Pink Hide Rug
- Land of Nod Ruffled Pillow
I adore that table runner and that dishware. Beautiful.